Tuesday 17th September 2019
Safeguarding – Online Safety
Do you have Online Safety resources to support your staff/pupils/parents?
Does one member of staff have a higher level of expertise?
Ofsted guidance recognises the important role that schools and organisations have in ensuring children and young people are safe and protected from potential harm when using the internet. The use of technology has become a significant component of many safeguarding issues. Child sexual exploitation; radicalisation; sexual predation – technology often provides the platform that facilitates harm.
ICTinspires is offering –
CEOP’s Thinkuknow Introduction
+ Online Safety in the curriculum course
Wickford Collaborative Learning Centre
Wickford, Essex, SS12 0LZ
Tuesday 17th September 2019 09:30 – 15:00 (registration from 09:15)
- Trains one member of staff to a higher accredited level
- Presents CEOP Thinkuknow Introductory course to cover:
- Introduction to CEOP and Reporting
- Children & young People Online inc. Online Sexual Abuse
- Nude Selfies – What Professionals Need to Know
- Thinkuknow Resources
- Demonstrates structured online safety curriculum ideas and classroom guidance
- Explores current studies of behavioural and psychological impact due to excessive online use
- Provides links to Online Safety policy templates and further resources
Course completion will result in a CEOP Accredited certificate and access to further resources.
The course is delivered by Debbie Schofield, a CEOP Ambassador trainer.
This session is specially priced to schools at:
£95 per delegate (including light lunch and refreshments)
For more information please contact: Debbie Schofield on 07786 125567
N.B: In accordance with CEOP, to receive a CEOP certificate of attendance on the day of training you must bring:
- A signed, headed letter from a senior manager at their organisation stating the delegate’s role and length of employment with the organisation they are representing, the relevance of this training to their role and confirmation that the organisation has undertaken necessary risk assessments to ensure that the delegate is suitable to work with children and young people”.
- Photographic proof of identity (driving licence, passport)
Please arrive in time to allow for registration.
If you have any queries about these requirements don’t hesitate to contact me: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: Places are limited and will be allocated on a first come/first served basis.