ICTinspires Monitoring Tool helps subject leaders and senior management monitor teacher coverage of the breadth of Computing across all subjects. These sheets are Excel based and simple to use but provide an accurate visual record of how and where Computing is being taught in the wider school curriculum. The tool is available for EYFS – Year 2 and Year 3 – Year 6 and we offer a generous discount for schools ppurchasing both sets.
How does it work?
The tool is mapped to the ICTinspires Progression in Computing scheme of work. There is a separate sheet for each year group (which can be used per class instead). Each page of the four ICTinspires Progression in Computing strands is a separate tab on each excel sheet:
- Communicating in the Digital World – Digital Communication and Sharing Information
- Communicating in the Digital World – Producing and Editing Media
- Exploring the Digital World – Collecting, Analysing, Evaluating Real World Data/Problem Solving – Data Handling/Logging
- Exploring the Digital World – Collecting, Analysing, Evaluating Real World Data/Problem Solving – Research
- Shaping the Digital World – Modelling and Simulations
- Shaping the Digital World – Control and Programming
- Online Safety
When planning Computing across the curriculum the teacher can click in a cell on the right of the skill. This will open a form to select cross curricular subjects through which the skill is taught. It also allows the teacher to add notes for each subject (of course this skill should continue to be developed in other subjects – this sheet is just to help ensure the breadth is taught).
Important Note: When opening the evaluation copy please be aware that the workbook uses Macros – you must enable Macros – if this option doesn’t show, you will need to lower your macro security settings.