ICTinspires firmly believes Computing should be integrated into all subjects across the curriculum. Only by adopting this ethos can Computing move away from being a stand-alone subject and truly be used as a tool to enhance all learning. The ICTinspires Progression in Computing scheme of work is specifically designed to achieve this goal. By expounding the Programme of Study, ICTinspires has developed four logical strands into which each of the skills required to attain targets by the end of each key stage are categorised. Each strand is broken down into clear easy to understand sections corresponding to the NAACE ICT Framework to ensure breadth of coverage of both National Curriculum and NAACE and is NAACE approved.
- Learning Objectives
- Digital Skills
- Digital Literacy
- Technology in the World
- Technical Understanding
In addition, each strand is accompanied by suggested resources and cross curricular ideas. These materials will:-
- provide clear progressive ideas to teach all aspects of Computing from EYFS to Upper KS2 within three booklets, including Online Safety sections.
- offer guidance on the appropriate standards of Computing capability that are appropriate for children in each phase, with suggestions of assessment criteria.
- give practical examples of how Computing skills, knowledge and understanding can be integrated into planning across the curriculum as well as providing suggested resources.
- include pupil self-assessment booklets.
- include teacher assessment sheets.
To support the ICTinspires Progression in Computing scheme of work we have introduced Pupil Self-Assessment booklets. Each booklet is designed to pick out key skills from the Computing curriculum in an ‘I can do’ format to give pupils ‘next steps’ guidance and to give the teacher an overview of their knowledge and understanding in preparation for a formal assessment.
Add to this our highly popular Monitoring Tool enabling you to ensure full coverage of the Computing curriculum, allowing subject leaders to oversee the breadth of coverage of Computing within their own subject area. Use our web based ICT Staff Skills Audit, designed to identify any CPD requirements within your school, and you have a complete and inexpensive Computing Curriculum Solution from one source.